Introduction to the Atlassian Integration
Our Atlassian integration allows you to onboard and offboard Atlassian accounts. You can manage users in Jira, Confluence, OpsGenie, and Service Desk.
The Atlassian integration offers all of the functionality that RoleUp supports; listing accounts and memberships, adding and removing accounts, and updating org-level groups.
For the moment this is restricted to org-level groups, and cannot update specific roles within OpsGenie (for example).
Requirements for the Atlassian Integration
In order to add an Atlassian integration, you must have the permissions required to create an API key for your Atlassian organization.
Setup for the Atlassian Integration
- To add a new Atlassian integration, start here.
- By default the Atlassian integration requests Read/Write permissions, but can be configured as Read-Only.
- You will need to create an API key by visiting this Atlassian page and provide the email associated with that key.
- Then specify the subdomain your Atlassian organization. This can be found within the URL when viewing your Atlassian organization: https://<subdomain>.atlassian.net/
- Click Add to create the integration once you’ve filled in the required fields.
Onboarding Users to Atlassian
Atlassian accounts may be created through RoleUp by providing the username and email address of the new user.
The new user will receive an email from Atlassian inviting them to join your Atlassian organization.
Offboarding Users from Atlassian
To remove an account from Atlassian:
- Click the Offboard toggle in the top right of the Users page
- Click the Remove button next to the user you to wish remove from Atlassian
- Their account will immediately lose access to the integrated Atlassian organization
Removing the Atlassian Integration
- Go to the integrations list, or click here.
- Click the Edit button on the Atlassian integration you wish to remove.
- At the bottom of the integration configuration page, you may click the Remove Permanently button to remove the integration, all of it’s associated data on RoleUp systems, and delete the encrypted copy of the API key.
- If you wish to reinstall the Atlassian integration at a later time, just add the integration back and everything should return to how it was after the accounts are synced.