Introduction to the Datadog Integration
Our Datadog integration allows you to onboard and offboard Datadog accounts from the RoleUp dashboard.
The Datadog integration offers all of the functionality that RoleUp supports; listing accounts, adding and removing accounts, and updating organization roles.
In order to add an Datadog integration, you must have the permissions required to create an API key.
Setup for the Datadog Integration
- To add a new Datadog integration, start here.
- By default the Datadog integration requests Read/Write permissions, but can be configured as Read-Only.
- You will need to create an API key and application key by visiting this Datadog page.
- The location of your Datadog instance must be specified.
- Click Add to create the integration once you’ve filled in the required fields.
Onboarding Users to Datadog
Datadog accounts may be created through RoleUp by providing the email address, name, and role of the new user.
Once created, the user will receive an invite to your Datadog organization.
Offboarding Users to Datadog
To remove an account from Datadog:
- Click the Offboard toggle in the top right of the Users page.
- Click the Remove button next to the user you to wish remove from Datadog.
- Their account will immediately lose access to the integrated Datadog organization.
Removing the Datadog Integration
- Go to the “Integrations” screen, or click here.
- Click the Edit button on the Datadog integration you wish to remove.
- At the bottom of the integration configuration page, you may click the Remove Permanently button to remove the integration, all of it’s associated data on RoleUp systems, and delete the encrypted copy of the API key.
- If you wish to reinstall the Datadog integration at a later time, just add the integration back and everything should return to how it was after the accounts are synced.