Introduction to the Github Integration
Our GitHub integration allows you to onboard and offboard GitHub accounts from inside the RoleUp dashboard.
The GitHub integration offers all functionality that RoleUp supports, listing accounts and memberships, adding and removing accounts, and updating memberships.
Requirements for the Github Integration
The account that provides OAuth authorization must have an admin or owner role within GitHub, or the integration will not function as expected.
Setup for the Github Integration
- To create a new GitHub integration, start here.
- By default the GitHub integration requests Read/Write permissions, but can be configured as Read-Only.
- Click Add to be sent through the OAuth flow. Once you’ve authorized RoleUp, the accounts will begin syncing.
Onboarding for the Github Integration
The integration cannot create GitHub accounts, but can invite them to join the connected GitHub organization. Provide the username of the new user, and select the GitHub org you’d like to add them to.
Optionally, you can also add them to a GitHub team.
The new user will receive an email that invites them to join the GitHub organization.
You may receive errors if the user already exists in your org, or if the user who created the GitHub integration does not have an owner or admin role.
Offboarding for the Github Integration
To remove an account from GitHub:
- Click the Offboard toggle in the top right of the Users page
- Click the Remove button next to the user you to wish remove from GitHub
- Their account will immediately lose access to the integrated GitHub account
Updating Memberships for the Github Integration
RoleUp offers the ability to update GitHub org roles and memberships, as well as update team roles and memberships.
Removing the Github Integration
- Go to the integrations list, or click here.
- Click the Edit button on the GitHub integration you wish to remove.
- At the bottom of the integration configuration page, you may click the Remove Permanently button to remove the integration, all of it’s associated data on RoleUp systems, and revoke OAuth permissions.
- If you wish to reinstall the GitHub integration at a later time, just add the integration back and everything should return to how it was after the accounts are synced