Introduction to the WordPress Integration
This RoleUp integration allows you to onboard and offboard WordPress accounts. Using the RoleUp dashboard you can add and remove team members from your WordPress sites.
The WordPress integration offers all of the functionality that RoleUp supports; listing accounts and memberships, adding and removing accounts, and updating user roles.
Requirements for the WordPress Integration
This integration uses the “Application Passwords” feature introduced in WordPress 5.6.
Setup for the WordPress Integration
- To add a new WordPress integration, start here.
- By default the WordPress integration requests Read/Write permissions, but can be configured as Read-Only.
- After clicking “Add” you will be sent to your WordPress site. Please make sure you are logged-in to the WordPress site. If you are having problems with the connection, try installing this plugin. If are using a version of WordPress from before 5.6, please try installing this plugin.
- Click “Yes, I approve of this connection”.
Onboarding Users to WordPress
WordPress accounts may be created through RoleUp by providing the username, email, password, and user role of the new user. And optionally, the First Name and Last Name for the user. Note that we do not store the password beyond the creation of the account.
Once the account is created, you can relay the username and password to the end user to login. Or if the onboarding is done using the public link, the user can provide the username and password themselves before the account is created.
Offboarding Users from WordPress
To remove an account from WordPress:
- Click the Offboard toggle in the top right of the Users page.
- Click the Remove button next to the user you to wish remove from the WordPress site.
- Their account will immediately lose access to the integrated WordPress site.
Removing the WordPress Integration
- Go to the integrations list, or click here.
- Click the Edit button on the WordPress integration you wish to remove.
- At the bottom of the integration configuration page, you may click the Remove Permanently button to remove the integration, all of it’s associated data on RoleUp systems, and delete the encrypted copy of the API key.
- If you wish to reinstall the WordPress integration at a later time, just add the integration back and everything should return to how it was after the accounts are synced.